De Beulingsluis Brug 27 some history
The Beulingsloot, most likely named after Gerrit Jansz. Beulinck, one of the residents of a nearby building, had a building here around 1660 where “de Beuling” (sausage) was hung. The canal was also known as the Leertouwers- and Huidevetterssloot. It is believed that the name of the Beulingsloot originated from the presence of Gerrit Jansz. Beulinck’s building, which served as a location for hanging sausages. In addition to its association with sausages, the canal was also known by the names of Leertouwers- and Huidevetterssloot.